HOUSTON - A mold infestation at a Spring fire station means firefighters could take longer to respond to emergency calls.
The inside of Station 75 is locked up and that means full-time firefighters cannot sleep in the building at night. Deputy Chief Scott Schoonover said mold shut down the station a few weeks ago. Instead firefighters have to go home and hope nothing happens overnight.
A temporary building is expected to arrive in two weeks but it cannot be put to ust until it has electricity, said Schoonover.
He said he was told it would be seven weeks before Centerpoint Energy could get power to the building.
Schoonover said "Weeks seem like a long time when you are putting people's lives in jeopardy."
Centerpoint Energy told Local 2 it is doing everything it can to speed up the process.
Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.