Two research technicians were taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital Thursday after fears of a gas leak in a building that houses lab space for MD Anderson Cancer Center, as well as the UT Police.
According to investigators, three employees became sick while working in the research lab, which is located at 7777 Knight Road. All three lab technicians complained of smelling a gassy odor, which led to the evacuation.
"Out of an abundance of caution, the building was evacuated," Vicki King with UT police said.
Two of the women were taken to the hospital and the third refused treatment, officials said.
"Looks like the first employee may have been overheated. She was working in a Tyvek suit and may have gotten overheated in that event,' King said.
The building tested negative for carbon monoxide and other hazardous gasses, investigators said.
Investigators believe that the odor the employees smelled might have come from a sewer line.
Investigators said the two women treated were in "good condition" and are expected to be released from the hospital later Thursday.