GALVESTON, Texas – Officials announced the results of Operation Washout, a 10-day operation for improving safety against criminal activity in Galveston County.
The press conference took place at 10 a.m. at the Galveston Law Enforcement Center located on 601 54th St.
Authorities said there were 123 arrests made during the operation. The operation was intended to reduce violent crime as the year begins.
Authorities said they now plan to follow up and address the social needs of the community as they continue to decrease the crime rate in the area.
The collaborative effort included the following agencies:
- Galveston County Sheriff’s Office
- Galveston Police Department
- La Marque Police Department
- Texas City Police Department
- Hitchcock Police Department
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice (OIG)
- Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms
- Department of Homeland Security
- United States Marshals Service
Leaders within the agencies thanked offices for working hard to help catch criminals and violent offenders within the community and said that although the official operation is complete, their jobs to protect the community are not.