HOUSTON - [CHECK THE INTERACTIVE RADAR]
List of high water locations around the Houston area as of 9:00 a.m. Monday:
- US-59 Southbound At BRAZOS RIVER in Fort Bend County 1 Frontage Road Lane
- SH-288 Southbound At COALE RD CR 220 in Brazoria County Exit Ramp
- SH-332 Eastbound At FM-521 in Brazoria County All Mainlanes
- SH-332 Westbound At FM-521 in Brazoria County All Mainlanes
- SH-35 Eastbound At BRAZOS RIVER in Brazoria County All Mainlanes
- SH-35 Westbound At FM-521 in Brazoria County All Mainlanes
- FM-1462 Eastbound At OYSTER CREEK in Brazoria County All Mainlanes
- FM-1462 Westbound At OYSTER CREEK in Brazoria County
Interstate 45 remains closed in both directions between Angus and Streetman near Richland, TX and will remain closed until waters recede later today.
In the event you encounter high water remember, turn around, don’t drown. Do not attempt to drive through high water or around barricaded streets.
The Harris County office of emergency management offers these Basic Flood Safety Tips:
- DO NOT DRIVE through high water and DO NOT DRIVE AROUND BARRICADES. Just 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away.
- DO NOT WALK through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down.
- If your home floods, STAY THERE. You are safer at home than trying to navigate flooded streets on foot.
- If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is NOT MOVING, abandon the car and move to higher ground. Do not leave the car and enter MOVING water.
- STAY AWAY from streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
- MOVE important items – especially important documents like insurance policies - to the highest possible floor. This will help protect them from flood damage.
- DISCONNECT electrical appliances and do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water. You could be electrocuted.
Get weather in the palm of your hand with our FREE Frank's Forecast Weather app:
Apple --> http://bit.ly/1ae9au1
Android --> http://bit.ly/HqqNR6
Pin your pics on the FREE KPRC 2 StormPins app:
Apple --> http://bit.ly/1lD1KXL
Android --> http://bit.ly/Sbni6s
Copyright 2016 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.