HOUSTON - Lyndsy Elyse Maus had to answer to some pretty serious charges Monday: improper relationship with a student.
Court documents say the two-year Cy-Springs High School softball coach and physical education teacher texted back and forth with a female student at the school in the spring of 2015.
Nothing sexual happened when the two were at Cy-Springs, but according to court documents: "The Defendant admitted that she and the Complainant did have sex after she transferred from Cy-Springs High School."
The alleged sexual aspect of the relationship occurred last fall when the student was at Windfern High School.
The student said they were in love and that her family supported the relationship, according to the court document.
It wasn't until January when someone tipped the Cy-Springs principal off to the relationship on social media.
Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District responded in part: "We are concerned by the seriousness of the allegations brought against one of our staff members.We have zero tolerance for any behavior that compromises the trust of our students."
Maus, who no longer works at Cy Springs, posted bail Monday. The judge told her not to contact the student and to stay away from schools.
More News Headlines
- Teacher accused of sending inappropriate photos to minor
- Harby Jr. High teacher arrested in child sexual assault case
- Former music teacher sentenced to 12 years in child-sex case
- High School teacher accused of hosting teen sex parties
- Teacher charged with soliciting minor
- Teacher's nude picture spread over social media, text messages by student
- Ex-teacher accused of having sex with student inside car, motel expected…
- Coach accused of inappropriate relationship appears in court