HFD: Downtown Houston high-rise temporarily evacuated due to gas leak

By Nakia Cooper - Senior Web Editor , Samantha Ptashkin - Reporter

HOUSTON - A high-rise was temporarily evacuated in downtown Houston Friday due to a gas leak, according to the Houston Fire Department.

The gas leak happened at a construction site in the 1700 block of Fannin St around 11:47 a.m. Friday.  The leak forced officials to evacuate the Houston House Apartments, located a block away.

Street at Fannin, and Pease Street at Caroline were also closed for safety.

The area was cleared and everyone was allowed to return to their apartments around 4 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.