HOUSTON - An event that will connect victims of Hurricane Harvey in Harris County with information about disaster assistance programs will be held this weekend.
The Harvey Recovery Fair is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Art Hub Gallery on the northeast campus of Houston Community College, located at 555 Community College Drive.
Organizers said the event is mainly aimed at residents of northeast and east Houston, East Aldine, Jacinto City, Galena Park, Cloverleaf and Channelview.
What will you learn at the event?
The fair will provide important information about disaster assistance programs that are available from both the government and non-profit organizations, organizers said. They said representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Small Business Administration will also be available to answer questions and help people apply for assistance.
How can you get there?
Organizers said free shuttles will be provided from the locations listed below to HCC Northeast. Passengers will be picked up at 9 a.m. and noon and will be returned at noon and 4 p.m.
Shuttles will be offered at the following locations:
Flukinger Community Center
16003 Lorenzo St.
Northeast Community Center
10918 ½ Bentley St.
Alvin D. Baggett Community Center
1302 Keene St.
Galena Park, Texas
Who will be at the event?
Organizers said the following groups will be represented at the fair:
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Harris County Office of Commissioner Jack Morman
- Harris County Community Services Department
- Harris County Engineering Department
- Harris County Flood Control District
- Harris County Public Library
- Harris County Public Health Services
- City of Houston 311
- City of Houston Housing and Community Development
- City of Houston Department of Neighborhoods
- City of Houston Permitting Center
- Office of U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- American Red Cross
- Texas Gulf Coast Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD)
- United Way of Greater Houston
- Houston Community College
More information about the event can be found at ReadyHarris.org.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.