CYPRESS, Texas - We Rock The Spectrum gym in Cypress was created as a safe play environment for children on the autism spectrum.
Robert Frandsen enjoys going to the indoor playground with his twin sons, Devlin and Ronin. Ronin, is on the autism spectrum and has improved tremendously since attending We Rock the Spectrum.
- Mom seeks help to raise awareness, funds for son's rare disease
- Woman battling Parkinson's disease to try out for 'American Ninja Warrior'
- Kindness comes full circle for Tomball family whose son fundraised for…
- Infant bicycle helmets recalled for choking hazard
- Is it appropriate to use cell phones at the dinner table?
- Lakewood Church's Dodie Osteen shares stories from the heart
- 59-year-old woman pregnant with twins
- Man reunites with biological family after being adopted over 60 years ago
The gym is perfect for Frandsen and his sons, because of its inclusive nature, allowing all children both on and off the autism spectrum.Frandsen remembers when Ronin struggled to interact with his brother.
"Before he wouldn't really play with him, he just kind of was a loner and now he'll do activities both at home and here," said Frandsen.
Much like Ronin, We Rock the Spectrum owner Lana Hornak has seen many kids show great improvement in the six months the gym has been open.
"It's still fun they don't even know they're working on very important skills," Hornak said.
Copyright 2016 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.