Family escapes house fire thanks to smoke detector

Family was asleep when fire started

By Frank Espinoza - News Producer
Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A family is safe thanks to a smoke detector after their house caught fire early Tuesday morning.

The family was awakened by the smoke detector and were able to quickly get out of their home on Southseas and Crestmont in southeast Houston.

The fire broke out around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday.

Houston firefighters quickly extinguished the flames. They believe the damage is repairable.

Arson investigators are trying to figure out what started the fire.

Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.