Electrical short blamed for SE Houston house fire

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A family is safe after a late-night fire at their southeast Houston home.

Houston fire crews responded to the home on Overdale around 12:30 a.m. Monday.

Officials said an elderly couple and some of their family members were at home when the fire started. They smelled smoke and went to a neighbor's house to call 911.

Firefighters responded and were able to put out the flames in the back of the residence.

Officials believe an electrical short in the wall sparked the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.