HOUSTON - Clara Harris, the Lake Jackson dentist who killed her husband by running over him with her car several times, is scheduled to be released from prison next month.
Channel 2 Investigates learned Monday that Harris is scheduled to be released from the state’s Crain Unit on May 11 after serving 15 years of a 20-year prison sentence.
- 15 years ago, Clara Harris was sentenced for husband's murder
- Clara Harris granted parole for husband's murder
- 15 years later, Clara Harris remains in state prison for husband's murder
- Clara Harris' Murder Trial Set
- Clara Harris Pleads Not Guilty
- Grand Jury Indicts Clara Harris
- Audiotapes Allege Clara Harris Also Having Affair
- Clara Harris Wants Conviction Overturned
- In-Laws Sue Clara Harris Over Son's Death
Harris was convicted of murder for the July 24, 2002, death of her husband of 10 years in the parking lot of the Hilton Nasa Clear Lake in Nassau Bay.
She was granted parole last year.
Before the attack, Harris hired a private investigator to trail her husband, whom she suspected of having an affair with one of his former employees.
That investigator ultimately videotaped her husband’s dying moments after Harris confronted him and a woman inside the hotel lobby.
The fight moved outside, where Harris drove the car over him three times.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.