HOUSTON - A 4-year-old boy was found safe after hours of searching by authorities on Tuesday.
Jeremiah Green initially was reported missing from the 6200 block of Waltrip Street around 3:25 p.m., authorities said.
- Missing 74-year-old man found dead after being struck by vehicle in SW Houston
- Missing teen with autism found safe, officials say
- Deputies searching for missing teen last seen in Highlands over 2 weeks ago
- Missing 12-year-old Houston girl found safe, police say
- Bloodhounds track down missing girl in Waller County
HPD requested immediate help from Texas EquuSearch in the search. They requested help searching on foot and on ATVs.
The boy's grandmother, Danielle Stuecy, said she believed Green's mother took him.
A neighbor reported seeing the woman walking with the boy to a waiting car earlier Tuesday afternoon.
The boy was eventually found safe.
Green's grandmother spoke to KPRC about her missing grandchild while he was still missing.
She said she was very worried because of the neighborhood they live in. She also told people how to approach the child.
"I don't let my kids outside because we live in a neighborhood of sex offenders," Green's grandmother said. "If anyone sees him, they can say, 'Jeremiah, your granny sent for me,' or, 'your papa told me to come and get you.'"
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.