HOUSTON - Attorneys mulled over key evidence Tuesday in the murder case of Clara Harris, accused of killing her husband by running him over with her car.
Harris, 44, is charged with murdering her orthodontist husband, David Harris, 44, on the night of July 24 at the Hilton Nasa Clear Lake, Nasa Road 1, in Nassau Bay.
Police said that Clara Harris confronted her husband and another woman in the lobby of the hotel.
After the trio was asked to leave the hotel, Clara Harris drove her Mercedes Benz over her husband three times, authorities said.
Two days later, Clara Harris called Blue Moon Investigators, the company she hired to follow her husband, and spoke with the company's representative Bobbi Bacha, asking for a refund.
During one of two hearings held Tuesday morning in downtown Houston, Harris' attorneys asked for all audio and videotapes pertinent to the death of Harris' husband.
In particular, the defense wanted the private investigator's videotape that shows Clara Harris running over husband.
The attorneys for the private investigators said that they wanted the videotapes back from police, but the judge ordered that they be handed over to the court and be sealed, allowing only the defense and state to have access to them.
During the court hearing, a vice president for Blue Moon Investigators stood up and told the court that she has been conducting her own investigation against Clara Harris and has audiotapes of witnesses that she would like to hand over to the Harris County District Attorney's Office.
News2Houston has learned that on the audiotapes witnesses claim that Clara Harris was also having an affair before her husband died.
The D.A.'s office said that were surprised to learn of the audiotapes, as was the defense.
Clara Harris remains free on a $30,000 bond.
Her trial has been set for Jan. 21.
If convicted, she could face up to life in prison.
- November 1, 2002: Harris Featured In Magazine Article
- October 18, 2002: Clara Harris Pleads Not Guilty
- October 10, 2002: Grand Jury Indicts Clara Harris
- September 18, 2002: Custody Battle Stems From High-Profile Murder
- August 23, 2002: Clara Harris' Murder Trial Set
- August 2, 2002: Slain Orthodontist's Daughter Files Suit
- July 31, 2002: P.I. Turns Over Video Of Dentist's Death
- July 29, 2002: Judge: Dentist To Remain Free
- July 26, 2002: Wife Free After Allegedly Running Over Husband
- July 25, 2002: Police: Wife Runs Over Cheating Husband
Copyright 2011 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.