HOUSTON - Police are searching for a group of thieves who ran after ramming a van into a southeast Houston CVS and stealing an ATM, investigators said.
Police said at least six men smashed a black van into a store in the 6100 block of Telephone Road, loaded an ATM into a second vehicle and sped away.
- Door to Harris County building smashed, ATM stolen, investigators say
- Bank sues woman for repeatedly withdrawing from faulty ATM
- 3 men arrested in connection with 'highly organized' ATM theft ring
- Thieves use stolen forklift to steal credit union ATM in north Houston
- 8 men swipe ATM from north Houston hotel
Investigators reviewed surveillance video and identified the second vehicle- a white van- as the getaway vehicle, police said. Officers spotted the van and tried to pull the driver over, but the driver sped away.
The officers chased the suspects to a neighborhood in the 8000 block of Ithaca St., where the group jumped out of the van and ran, police said.
The van rolled into a home, leaving minor damage.
A man and teenage girl were caught and arrested, police said.
Several are still on the run, according to Houston police.
Anyone with information about the theft or the suspects is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.