Apartment gutted by fire that started in kitchen

No neighboring homes damaged

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - Firefighters believe food left cooking on the stove is to blame for a fire at a southwest Houston apartment complex.

It started just after 9 p.m. Monday at a complex on Harwin Drive and Boone Road.

It took firefighters only minutes to get the fire out, but it had already done significant damage to the kitchen of one unit.

Firefighters were able to keep it from spreading to any neighboring homes.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.