Officials release photo of woman's hair with hopes to ID her body found near Houston church
HOUSTON – The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences released a photo of a woman's hair Friday with hopes of identifying her. Her body was found last month in a field near a northwest Houston church.
The woman, believed to be over the age of 60, was found in a field near Lighthouse Missionary Baptist Church at 9707 North Wayside Drive on Aug. 22.
Here's a description of the body:
- 60+ years old
- Between 5 feet 3 inches tall and 5 feet 9 inches tall
- Race couldn't be determined
- Wearing a pink or magenta short-sleeved button-down shirt and long Med Wear brand black or dark blue elastic waist pants with a drawstring and long "Dickies" brand pants, size S, with a drawstring and light-colored waist
- Hair is long and curly and appears to be graying
- Earlobe is pierced
- Only has a few lower teeth and possibly some upper teeth
The woman's body was so decomposed, officials weren't able to gain much information about her identity, an official with the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences told KPRC.
Officials did not say if they suspected foul play in her death.
If anyone recognizes her or possibly knows her identity, you're asked to contact the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences at 832-927-5000 or 832-927-5001.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.