These are the events honoring 1-year anniversary of Santa Fe school shooting
SANTA FE, Texas – As the one-year mark of the Santa Fe High School shooting approaches, events are ramping up in the community to remember those whose lives were lost and others forever changed that day.
Events will begin Friday and lead up to Saturday, the anniversary.
Ten people were killed in the shooting.
- Santa Fe High School Day of Remembrance and Resilience
School attendance will be optional Friday
The day will consist of student-led activity sessions including community service projects, art projects, open gym, game sessions, yoga classes, culinary classes and letter writing to military and veterans.
Santa Fe High School Day of Remembrance ResilienceSchedule of Events, May 17, 2019Posted by Santa Fe ISD - Official Site on Friday, May 17, 2019
- A Message of Hope and Resilience
- First responder and founder of The Honor Network, Tim Maher, will give a presentation titled "A Message of Hope and Resilience."
- Tree dedication ceremony
A tree dedication ceremony will be held outside of the science wing at Santa Fe High School.
- It Takes a Tribe Kickball Tournament
- 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Runge Park -- 4605 Peck St., Santa Fe
- City of Santa Fe's Resiliency Day: Remembering Angels
- Will be held at the Galveston County Fair Grounds from 2-7:45 p.m., culminating in a candlelight vigil.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.