3 people injured after cigarette butt causes house fire in Spring, officials say
SPRING, Texas – Three people were injured Saturday after a cigarette butt caused a house fire in Spring, officials said.
The fire was reported at 5:30 p.m. in the 22000 block of Millgate Drive.
Spring Fire Department firefighters said a neighbor saw the fire and rescued a woman from the home.
Firefighters arrived at the scene and saw fire coming from the front of the home, officials said. It was reported that a man was still inside the burning home, officials said.
Firefighters knocked down a door to get inside and rescued the man trapped inside the home, officials said.
The woman was flown by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital. The man was taken to a local hospital but was later flown to UTMB Galveston in critical condition, officials said.
A third person refused treatment at the scene, officials said.
The Harris County Fire Marshal determined a cigarette butt was that fell between couch cushions caused the fire.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.