Why Pearland ISD is adding 6 minutes to school days this week
PEARLAND, Texas – Pearland Independent School District students will have to stay in class a little bit longer this week to help cover time missed because of weather.
District officials said the Texas Education Agency already waived six days that were missed this school year because of Hurricane Harvey. However, the two days missed because of winter weather have not been waived.
Officials said in an effort to make up for those two days, six minutes of instruction time will be added to every school day through Friday.
Making up the lost time will ensure the district doesn’t lose funding, officials said.
Each campus will decide how to use the additional time, officials said.
Here’s a list of this week’s modified schedule:
- Pre-K: 8 a.m. - 11:11 a.m. and Noon - 3:16 p.m.
- Elementary schools: 8 a.m. – 3:16 p.m.
- Middle schools: 8:35 a.m. – 3:51 p.m.
- Junior High schools: 8:35 a.m. – 3:51 p.m.
- High schools: 7:15 a.m. – 2:31 p.m.
- PACE Center: 8:40 a.m. – 3:56 p.m.
Officials said buses will also be running on the modified schedule this week.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.