House goes up in flames in southeast Houston
HOUSTON – A house was engulfed in flames in southeast Houston.
Sky 2 was over the scene on Averill Street as heavy smoke and flames destroyed the structure.
A Houston fire official said the fire, which impacted a house and a garage and an apartment over it, may have started because of space heater. Authorities believe the fire started in the apartment over the garage.
"I went from being asleep to running out of my house," said neighbor Pedro Garza.
He and his neighbors told KPRC that as the temperature dropped, so did their water pressure, which made it difficult for first responders to battle the flames.
No one was hurt and everyone was able to get out. A dog remains missing.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.