Missing 11-year-old reunited with family

HOUSTON – Sincere Mobbs, an 11-year-old Houston boy who had been missing since Sunday, was found safe on Wednesday and reunited with his family.

“I’m overjoyed, I’m feeling thankful and blessed," his mother, Antonia King, said. "Especially for the people that came out and searched, the people that have prayed for us."

Mobbs disappeared from his home in the 5900 block of Southtown Street on Sunday night.

His father, Michael King, said Mobbs and his 9-year-old brother, Myzaiah, were wrestling in the living room that night when the 9-year-old cut his knee. The father sent Sincere to his room while he took the younger brother to a hospital for treatment.

Later that night, Sincere's mother, Antonia, went into his room and found his window open and Mobbs missing.

WATCH: 11-year-old reunited with mother

When Antonia and Michael King reunited with their 11-year-old son Wednesday afternoon, they all embraced and cried.

Next, Antonia gave Sincere his medication for DMDD, a mood disorder that causes outbursts of anger or sadness, among other things. Then, the family drove to Herman Memorial Children’s.

Other than a sprained ankle, Sincere otherwise appeared unharmed, his mother said.

Now, the question that lingers is: How did Sincere end up 25 miles away from home two and a half days after going missing?

Antonia says Sincere hasn't explained everything, but here’s what he has said so far:

Sincere planned on coming home Sunday night. But after walking around the neighborhood, he got lost. He remembers making it to McGowen Street in downtown, about 7 miles away from his house, where a woman paid for him to ride the bus, Antonia told KPRC2.

Sincere ended up in Katy, almost 20 miles away, where he said he stayed at a hotel. A woman who works at a nearby Courtyard Marriott said she recognized Sincere, and remembered him sleeping on a couch. Sincere said eventually, a stranger paid for him to stay in a room.

Wednesday morning, Sincere left the hotel and wandered onto the Katy Freeway near Dairy Ashford, where a different woman spotted him, picked him up and called police. She fed him before police arrived, Antonia told KPRC2.

"Thank the Police Department, the neighborhood, the lady that found him," Michael Kind said. "We would really appreciate that, and if she could find us, we would love to meet her to thank her -- to let her know how big a part of our life she really is now for making sure that he got back to us OK."

About the Authors: