HOUSTON – Of course with the Astros making it to the World Series, many fans are scrambling to get to Tuesday or Wednesday’s game in Los Angeles.
But if you're planning to make the trip -- you better be ready to dig deep into your wallet. It's a chance to see baseball history -- the Houston Astros in the World Series.
So what will a trip to Game 1 or 2 cost you?
KPRC 2 looked at airfare, hotels, and, of course, tickets to the game, leaving Tuesday to make it to the game, and returning Thursday.
To get to Los Angeles:
- Southwest: Expect to pay $900 or more.
- United: around $458.
- Spirit: around $284, but watch out for that airline's added fees.
What can you expect to pay at hotels?
KPRC2 looked at hotels within about five miles of Dodger Stadium:
- The Comfort Inn just about a 1 and a half miles away will cost you around $309 a night.
- The Ramada, nearly three miles away, will cost you around $189.
- The Garden Suite Hotel, four miles away, just about $174 a night.
The biggest cost of the trip will be the tickets to see the action at Dodger Stadium.
KPRC2 checked out several online ticket providers, since the game is sold out through MLB.
Tickets pricing for Game 1 and 2:
- Game 1 will run you anywhere from $769 to $778.
- Game 2 tickets will be $697 to $790.
One of the most expensive will get you a seat right behind home plate and will cost you a whopping $16,000.
But remember, these prices don't reflect the extra fees many of those third-party vendors charge.
So, if you're going to make the trip -- book now.
The prices on all of the items we just mentioned will go up the longer you wait.
How to watch the game for free at Minute Maid Park
Can't make it to a game? You can still watch and have a ton of fun at the Astros free watch party. Minute Maid Park will host a free street party two hours before the first pitch or each game whether home or away.
The street parties will include music, food trucks, face painting and Orbit too.
While the street festival and watch party are free, you will need to claim a voucher.