Texans have special plans for annual Pink Ribbon Day Game
HOUSTON – The 2-2 Texans take on the 4-0 Chiefs on Sunday in the annual Pink Ribbon Day Game.
Here are some thing to look for:
- Coin Toss Captains: Breast cancer survivor Mrs. Janice McNair and other cancer survivors who are members of the Houston Texans family
- Homefield Advantage Captain: Former Houston Texans wide receiver and current Houston Texans ambassador Kevin Walter.
- National Anthem: Academy of Country Music’s Top Female Vocalist, Country Music Association award winner and multi-platinum superstar Sara Evans.
- Halftime Entertainment: The chart-topping international pop duo Icona Pop will perform on-field with Houston Texans Cheerleaders and 20 breast cancer survivors.
Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. at NRG Stadium and will be broadcast nationally on NBC.
The annual game supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Here are some other things to look for:
- In honor of loved ones affected by cancer, Houston Texans Season Ticket Members will participate as Texas flag holders.
- The United States Navy will participate as the Color Guard.
- ZTA’s will be handing out pink ribbons to fans upon entry at the gates.
- Sunday’s game will include A Crucial Catch check presentation, Texans Guard David Quessenberry being presented the PFWA’s 2017 George Halas Award and the Texans Public Relations staff being honored with the PFWA’s 2017 Pete Rozelle Award by longtime Houston Chronicle sports writer John McClain.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.