Shelter-in-place lifted at Crippen Elementary School after gas leak


PORTER, Texas – A shelter-in-place order prompted by a gas leak on Friday at Crippen Elementary School in Porter was lifted, according to officials.

A statement from the New Caney Independent School District said the leak was reported near the school, and that fire and police officials restricted access around the school.

A later statement from district officials said that the area round the school was determined to be safe, and that the school day was returning to a normal schedule.

Stay with KPRC 2 and Click2Houston.com for the latest on this developing story.

Download the Click2Houston news app in your app store to stay up-to-date with the latest news while you're on the go.

Sign up for KPRC 2 newsletters to get breaking news, sports, entertainment, contests and more delivered straight to your email inbox.

About the Author: