Cigarette ignites car air freshener, causes explosion
One person suffered minor injuries
A person trying to light a cigarette accidentally ignited a car air freshener, causing an explosion, according to the BBC.
The Southend Echo reported the roof and doors of the Ford Focus were blown off while parked in the lot of a B&Q car park.
"The explosion happened after a build-up of gases from an air freshener was accidentally ignited by a cigarette," Essex Fire and Rescue Service said.
A spokeswoman for East of England Ambulance Service said one patient suffered minor injuries.
Air freshener causes explosion in a car outside a B&Q hardware store in Essex https://t.co/qjiIFWRk5U— Sky News (@SkyNews) September 6, 2017