9 charged, $21K seized after 2 game rooms busted for illegal gambling
HARRIS COUNTY – An illegal gambling bust Saturday led to nine people being charged and $21,000 seized after two northwest Harris County game rooms were raided, officials said.
The raids were reported near the 2100 block of FM 1960.
The Harris County Precinct 4 deputy constables issued a search warrant on the two establishments, which led the confiscation of money and electronic devices, officials said.
Precinct 4 deputy constables said three people were arrested on the scene for several criminal warrants and evidence at the scene.
Investigators filed six additional warrants for the arrest of other game room owners, operators and employees.
Suspects arrested or warrant issued:
- Shannon Guilford, 48, charged with keeping a gambling place – warrant issued
- Jovita Lopez, 52, charged with keeping a gambling place and possession of gambling equipment -- arrested
- Olivia Hernandez, 32, charged with possession of gambling equipment – warrant issued
- Zulema Diaz Perez, 31, charged with possession of gambling equipment – warrant issued
- Jessica Guevara, 31, charged with possession of gambling equipment – warrant issued
- Maria Angelica Hinojosa, 59, charged with possession of gambling equipment -- warrant issued
- Jose Mercado, 33, arrested for several other warrants
- Franekia Thompson, 25, arrested for several other warrants
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.