April 29 is 'National Prescription Drug Take Back Day'
HOUSTON – The Drug Enforcement Administration is hosting a drug take-back day for Houstonians who are holding onto unwanted or unused prescription medications.
The annual event allows consumers with expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs to take them to a drop-off location so they can be disposed of properly.
According to the DEA, Americans turned in a record-setting amount of about 447 tons of prescription drugs last year alone.
The take-back program is anonymous and free.
Citizens can drop off prescription drugs to officials at the following seven locations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
1) Kingwood (Metro Park and Ride) - 3210 W. Lake Houston Parkway - Kingwood 77339
2) South Central Police Station - 2202 St. Emanuel - Houston 77003
3) Westside Police Station - 3203 S Dairy Ashford Rd - Houston 77082
4) Clear Lake Police Station - 2855 Bay Area Blvd. - Houston 77058
5) South Gessner Police Station - 8605 Westplace Dr. - Houston 77071
6) North Police Station - 9455 W. Montgomery - Houston 77088
7) Gus George Law Enforcement Academy - 1521 Eugene Heimann Cir - Richmond, TX 77469
There are various collections locations around the city and you can find those locations on the DEA's website.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.