Neighbors help woman, nephew escape house fire
HOUSTON – Neighbors are credited with helping a woman and her nephew escape their burning home early Thursday morning.
Firefighters arrived around 2:30 a.m. at the home on Colley and Lomax to find flames coming out of the house.
According to the woman who lives in the house, neighbors spotted the flames and banged on her door.
"We were asleep and then my nephew was screaming for me, the woman said. "When I got up to open the door, the smoke was so bad I couldn't stand it. When I opened the front door, the flames were popping up in my face."
The woman and her nephew escaped without injury.
She said her neighbors saved a picture of her dead son from the flames.
According to firefighters, the fire appears to be the result of an electrical problem.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.