Firefighters clear 2-alarm fire at Speedy Mart
HOUSTON – Houston firefighters cleared a 2-alarm fire Wednesday at a convenience store in Northwest Harris County.
Firefighters were called to a Speedy Mart at 2950 Gears Rd where a fire erupted inside the store
According to the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office, the fire was an accident, sparked by an electrical problem inside the building
Firefighters were able to put the fire out before it could damage any other business
"Little York Fire Department was the first agency here that dropped a second alarm for more man power just because of the size of the building. Looks like they got the fire stopped just past the Speedy Mart so they did a pretty good job on containing the fire pretty much to this one store but obviously there's smoke and water damage throughout the whole strip center," said Deputy Chief Dean Hensley with the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office.
The store owner is now assessing the damage with a representative from an insurance company.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.