85ºF

Dog dies in townhouse fire in northwest Houston

photo

HOUSTON – A pet dog died Friday in a townhouse fire in northwest Houston. 

Fire crews were called at 2:23 a.m. to a home on Kansas near T.C. Jester.

All the residents escaped safely from the house. Fire officials said one person repeatedly tried to go back into the home because a dog was still inside. 

The dog died of smoke inhalation, according to investigators. 

Firefighters confined the flames to the third floor of the townhome and extinguished it. 

It's unclear what started the fire.