64ºF

Space heater may be to blame for house fire in northeast Houston

A space heater may be to blame for a house fire in northeast Houston, firefighters said.

Emergency crews were called at 11:43 p.m. Thursday to a home on Valley Rock near Valley Wind. Firefighters found the home fully engulfed in flames.

One man who was living inside the home was able to get out safely, investigators said. He suffered burns to his hand.

No other injuries were reported.

The man said he turned on a space heater earlier in the evening and believes it may have started the fire.

Investigators are working to confirm the cause of the blaze.

Download the Click2Houston news app in your app store to stay up-to-date with the latest news while you're on the go.

Sign up for KPRC 2 newsletters to get breaking news, sports, entertainment, contests and more delivered straight to your email inbox.