Child screams as mom overdoses in store aisle
Heartbreaking video shows mother lying unconscious
LAWRENCE, Mass. – A heartbreaking video has gone viral showing a 2-year-old child screaming in despair after her mother overdoses and collapses in a store aisle.
The child is seen pulling her mother's limp body in the video taken Sunday.
According to the person taking the video, the woman's eyes were rolling into the back of her head.
First responders were able to revive the woman with two doses of Narcan, a drug used to block opioids like heroin or fentanyl and can reverse the effects of an overdose.
Police found drug paraphernalia in the mother's bag and believe she overdosed on a oral dose of heroin.
The woman is being charged with child endangerment while her daughter has been placed in protective custody and the video is now being used as evidence.
Officials are also condemning the person who shot the video for not helping the child.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.