45ºF

Man and dog receive oxygen after apartment fire

photo

HOUSTON – A man and a dog were given oxygen after flames and smoke engulfed a two-story apartment building on West Indigo Road at Newcastle Road, according to Houston firefighters.

According to investigators, the fire started from an electrical short on a stove in an apartment around 3:50 a.m.

A man and his dog were in the unit at the time of the fire, but they both got out safely while the firefighters got the fire under control quickly, firefighters said.

The man and the dog were not injured, but they did receive oxygen at the scene for smoke inhalation, according to firefighters.