Lightning blamed for fire in northwest Harris County
Neighbor also shocked by bolt, firefighters say
HOUSTON – Lightning was blamed for a fire Monday afternoon at a home in northwest Harris County.
The fire happened about 1:30 p.m. at a home near the intersection of Green Springs Drive and Champion Forest Drive.
According to firefighters, the bolt hit a pine tree and then traveled inside the house.
Firefighters said a neighbor who was using a microwave at the time was also shocked when the lightning struck.
"It shocked me and there was a loud (sound), like made-your-eyes-close boom," said the neighbor.
No other injuries were reported.