80ºF

Lightning blamed for fire in northwest Harris County

Neighbor also shocked by bolt, firefighters say

HOUSTON – Lightning was blamed for a fire Monday afternoon at a home in northwest Harris County.

The fire happened about 1:30 p.m. at a home near the intersection of Green Springs Drive and Champion Forest Drive.

According to firefighters, the bolt hit a pine tree and then traveled inside the house.

Firefighters said a neighbor who was using a microwave at the time was also shocked when the lightning struck.

"It shocked me and there was a loud (sound), like made-your-eyes-close boom," said the neighbor.

No other injuries were reported.


About the Author: