HOUSTON – Almost two dozen families are searching for a place to call home after a massive fire Sunday afternoon burned through their apartment complex in southwest Houston.
Firefighter arrived to flames at Sharon Park Village Apartment in the 5600 block of Chimney Rock Road shortly before 1 p.m.
Several units received significant fire and water damage before fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze at 1:32 p.m., according to the Houston Fire Department.
Officials said no one was hurt, but 20 families are now displaced.
Workers with the American Red Cross were sent to the scene to help those in need.