Father electrocuted after trying to save daughter in pool

Jim Tramel/NBC Bay Area
Jim Tramel/NBC Bay Area

BURLINGAME, Calif. – A California man died when he was electrocuted while trying to save his 9-year-old daughter.

Police said 43-year-old Jim Tramel was at a family gathering in Palm Springs Sunday when he noticed his daughter was getting shocked while swimming in the pool.

According to NBC Bay Area, witnesses said that Tramel's daughter was turning blue, and when he jumped in to save her, he was electrocuted.

Authorities are still investigating what happened. They suspect it was faulty pool wiring that sent electricity through the water.

RevJet, the company where Tramel was vice president of sales, created a GoFundMe page.

Tramel's daughter remains in critical condition.