68ºF

Electrical short in home sparks fire

HOUSTON – An electrical short caused a house fire in northwest Houston Saturday night.

The Houston Fire Department said around 11 p.m. they got a call about smoke coming from a one-story home on Herkimer Street and West 13th Street

Firefighters arrived to find a small fire in the wall at the front of the house.

Crews quickly put the fire out.

A woman was home at the time but was able to get out safely.

HFD concluded an electrical short in the wall of the home caused the fire.

There are no reports of any injuries.

.