HOUSTON – The Harris County District Attorney's Office announced a large sting operation Wednesday involving a dozen massage parlors in the area.
The sting operation is ongoing, but at least 12 businesses are part of the investigation.
Citizen complaints led to the start of a three-month investigation.
"Many of these businesses do actually offer massages, but it's our belief the majority are offering sexual services for money and are merely a front for prostitution," said Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson.
Undercover officers from different agencies posed as customers and were offered sexual services for a fee.
Fourteen women were arrested and charged with prostitution.
Anderson says her office is also investigating whether those women are victims of human trafficking.
"Most if not all of these women working in these places are not U.S. citizens and some of them have had their passports taken from them and held from them," she said.
Harris County Attorney Vince Ryan says his office will seek injunctions against the businesses to get them shut down for good.
The list of businesses involved are:
- Flushing Spa at 444 W. FM 1960
- A&B Massage at 4636 FM 1960
- EZ Foot at 6105 FM 1960
- Magic Relax at 6105 FM 1960
- Skai Spa at 14243 Stuebner Airline Road, Suite C
- Healthy Therapy Massage at 1423 W. FM 1960, Suite B
- Diamond Spa at 990 W. FM 1960
- Lily Spa at 840 W. FM 1960
- Hana Spa at 10415 Bammel N. Houston
- Green Apple Hand & Foot Spa at 10658 Jones Road
- LRJ Massage at 11902 Jones Road
- Kang Xing Health Center at 6978 FM 1960, Suite C