2 dead, 1 hospitalized from possible carbon monoxide poisoning inside Richmond home
RICHMOND, Texas – A man is in stable condition Wednesday after a near death experience with carbon monoxide hospitalized him and killed his parents.
"It is extremely dangerous, it is a silent killer," says Lezlie Gales, the victim’s girlfriend.
When Gales was not able to get in touch with the father of her children, she went to his parents' house in the 700 block of North 4th Street to check on him.
After 10 minutes of banging on the door and windows, 44-year-old Thaddeus Green came to the door. He was delirious and didn't know what was going on.
"He was dazed and he just sat down on the couch, when I looked in and seen it, I ran outside and called 911, and then I went in and got him out of the house," says Gales.
Gales went inside and found a gruesome scene. Green's mother, Diane Perry, and her husband, Eugene Perry, were both dead. Investigators say their bodies were discovered in two rooms.
"Perry was in bed, didn't look like he was in any strain, Diane had gotten up and she collapsed on the floor," says Lonzo R. Goodman, the victim’s brother.
Green was immediately taken to the hospital. Investigators believe they all suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.
"We believe they were probably using a gas appliance to heat their home through the night. That is going to be investigated. CenterPoint is on scene to see if there is a leak or something else could be the cause," says Lowell Neinast, an official with the Richmond Police Department.
The investigation is ongoing.
2 people are dead and 1 more in the hospital after what police is describing as carbon monoxide poisoning. pic.twitter.com/3iyABnVjsl— Gianna Caserta (@WPBF_Gianna) February 25, 2016
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.