Rapper DMX found unresponsive in New York hotel parking lot
NEW YORK – Rapper DMX, 45, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was found unresponsive in a Ramada Inn hotel parking lot in Yonkers on Tuesday morning according to reports.
Paramedics resuscitated him before taking him in to an area hospital.
Simmons had no pulse and wasn't breathing when responders arrived. They began CPR and within one minute, Simmons started breathing again.
Attorney Murray Richman says his client is asthmatic and he has no knowledge of drug use. Sources tell NBC 4 New York that witnesses with the rapper told police he had ingested some kind of substance before losing consciousness.
Sources told NBC 4 New York that paramedics administered an IV dose of the drug Narcan, used to treat narcotic overdoses, before he was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
The rapper is expected to make a full recovery, sources say.