Husband's incredibly sweet gesture to wife dealing with depression
Molly Murphy was struggling with several things in her life - work, marriage, money. She admitted she was feeling depressed and hadn't been the "easiest person to deal with," but her husband did something so sweet, it reminded her why she loves him so much.
After Murphy came home from a trip to San Francisco, she noticed a list painted on her mirror titled "Reasons I love my wife."
The list says:
1. She is my best friend
2. She never quits on herself or me
3. She gives me time to work on my crazy projects
4. She makes me laugh, everyday
5. She is gorgeous
6. She accepts the crazy person i am
7. She's the kindest person i know
8. She's got a beautiful singing voice
9. She's gone to a strip club with me
10. She has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity i know
11. She has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time
12. without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than i have ever wanted to do for anyone
13. She's done an amazing job at advancing her career path
14. Small animals make her cry
15. She snorts when she laughs
Murphy took a photo of the list and shared it on imgur. She wrote:
"I've been juggling a LOT lately. Trying to do well at work. Just got married. Couldn't afford a wedding. Family is sparse. Falling out with friends, yaddadyadda. But, the thing is, amidst all the struggle, my husband has relentlessly tried to cheer me up. I've not been the easiest person to deal with. In fact, sometimes I've lost all hope and even taken my frustration out on my new husband. But he somehow forgives me every time. I have a long journey ahead of me, and I know he probably realizes I'm depressed. But he holds my hand, and he tries his best. Today when I came home from a trip to SF, I flopped onto my bed in tears. I looked to my left, and saw these words painted all across my mirror. I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget. He knows I struggle to see good in the world, and especially the good in myself. But here it is. A testament and gesture of his love."
Read her full response here.
Copyright 2015 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.