HOUSTON - If you're on the hunt for a relaxing trip this summer, you may want to consider a wellness vacation.
According to senior editor at Travelzoo, Gabe Saglie, you can find some pretty fantastic deals.
First, though, a little about wellness vacations:
- One of the fastest growing trends in the travel industry
- Results from Travelzoo’s latest survey of 2000 Americans
- 97% of respondents said they make health and wellness a priority with 67% focusing on their health and wellness more this year compared to last year
- 26% of respondents are planning a wellness vacation in 2019, a 271% jump from 2018
- 63% of respondents try to incorporate health and wellness into their travel plans
- The #1 reason respondents have not taken a wellness vacation before: ‘cost is too high’ (58%)
- 46% of respondents said they look for healthy food options as a wellness activity when they travel
Spa by Alessandra at Hotel Alessandra
FEATURES: A "sanctuary" and "intimate space" -- "phenomenal" treatments, according to Houstonia Magazine. Spa treatments incorporate in-season fruits and herbs
COST: $199 (reg. $390) for 60-Min Massage and 60-Min Facial with bubbly, valet and rooftop pool
Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf-Astoria Resort, Phoenix
FEATURES: 5-Star resort with 8 pools, 6 eateries and the birthplace of the Tequila Sunrise cocktail. Club-level rooms: Complimentary breakfast, happy hour and personally drawn sea-salt baths at night.
COST: $199/night. in an Ocatilla Club Room (40% off) with parking and daily $25 resort credit. Travel through September.
Hawks Cay Resort, Duck Key, FL
FEATURES: Spa treatments feature locally inspired treatments; there’s also an adults-only Tranquility Pool and a modern fitness center. Fishing charters and tennis are popular pastimes.
COST: $169/night. (60% off) with $50 resort credit. Travel through December.
Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
FEATURES: Mega luxurious AAA 5-Diamond resort features 5 freshwater pools, 3 upscale restaurants (including 2 that have earned the AAA 4-Diamond rating), an 18-hole Greg Norman-designed course and a 37,000-sq.ft. spa with mineral pools. Hotel's bars feature a variety of top-shelf options, including over 100 different tequilas, mezcals and sakes.
COST: $999 for 3-night ALL-INCLUSIVE stay (55% off) with $150 in spa & gold credits. Travel through December.
Casa Chameleon Mal Pais, Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica
FEATURES: Intimate adults-only luxe resort. Each villa is exceptionally airy, with full walls that open up to the outdoors plus a private patio with infinity pool, and lack TVs and phones. On-site restaurant offers healthy food options and cooking lessons. For fitness buffs, guests can book private yoga classes, martial arts lessons and session with a personal trainer.
COST: $205/night. (40% off) with breakfast + dinner daily. Travel through December.
BONUS: The Stopover Secret
- Stopover programs by various international airlines give you 2 vacations for the price of 1
- For example:
- TAP Air Portugal: just voted best Stopover Program in the World (Global Traveler)
- Stopover in Lisbon for up to 5 nights on outbound or return at no extra cost
- TAP extends hotel discounts, free city tours, shopping perks, etc.
- Roundtrip fares w/stopover in Lisbon starting at $309 round trip.
- Houston flyers need to connect: Miami, NYC, Boston, SFO, DC or Chicago
- Other European airlines that do this include Aer Lingus (Ireland), Finnair (Finland), KLM (the Netherlands) and IcelandAir (Iceland)
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.