Susi Zivanovic, Corporate Sommelier and Beverage Director of Perry’s Steakhouse, shares how to pair sparkling sips with grilled meats.
Perry’s Crab Cake
1 tablespoon red onion (fine dice)
1 teaspoon chives (chopped)
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Tabasco
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup mayonnaise
1 egg beaten well
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
1. Combine all ingredients except for the crab meat and Panko bread crumbs. Mix well.
2. Add the Panko bread crumbs to the mixture.
3. After the bread crumbs are incorporated, gently fold in your lump crab meat. Do not
mash or break the crab meat as it should stay in these nice lumps.
4. Gently create a flattened puck shape with 2.5 oz of crab cake mixture.
5. Place crab cakes on wax paper on a sheet pan.
6. Dust the crab cake in flour and then dip floured crab cake in egg wash until lightly
7. Roll the coated crab cake in Panko bread crumbs until coated.
8. Fry the crab cake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Perry’s serves our special crab cake with a beurre fondue and a potato haystack for a Rare
and Well Done® presentation. This recipe is for nine crab cakes.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.