HOUSTON – It’s Wine Club Wednesday and you know what that means, we’re letting the wheels fall off the bus today!
Or maybe we shouldn’t. We’ll stick with sharing some delicious wines you’ve probably never tasted before.
Jeremiah Butler, sommelier and beverage director of B&B Butchers and Restaurant, who has been in the restaurant business for 24 years, put together this carefully thought out selection of wines for today’s tasting due to their uniqueness in region.
He says, 'While people may have had the grapes before, they most likely have not had them from these regions."
MEET JEREMIAH BUTLER
View this post on Instagram
Some days my job is way better than yours. Such genuinely nice guys. @brendanschaub and @bryancallen thanks for hanging out and sharing a meal with us at @bbbutchers. You and your crew were a joy to host. Next time you're in town for @mywhiskeyneat let's talk more fights and jokes. Cheers! #whiskeyneat #belowthebelt #dinnertimeinhouston #meatsweats #butchershop #thefighterandthekid #whiskeyandsteak #steaknight #thankskrishart
Bringing years of experience and a passion for distilled spirits and wine to B&B Butchers & Restaurant, Jeremiah Butler creates cocktail and wine menus full of flavor and diversity as the beverage director.
Butler’s practice embodies quality over quantity, with the understanding that if you cannot have the biggest selection of spirits and wines, you can have the most thoughtful selection. He holds the values of an old school bar keep, focusing on excellent hospitality above all else.
Butler has been in the restaurant business for 24 years and spent time in both the kitchen and behind the bar. After earning a degree at Le Cordon Bleu in culinary arts and dabbling as a sommelier, he joined the team at Houston restaurant Masraff’s where he oversaw the bar program. There, he discovered his passion for bartending and knowledge of spirits and wine, which, like food, is all about flavor profiles.
Butler is excited to be at B&B Butchers & Restaurant in Houston, which holds the nation’s largest collection of William Grant & Sons and Balvenie Glenfiddich. As a marine corps veteran who comes from a military family, Butler supports various military groups around Houston. In his free time, he enjoys drinking and learning about all things wine and whisky, and spending time with his wife, baby and their two dogs.
HERE’S WHAT’S ON TODAY’S WINE CLUB MENU
JANSZ TASMANIA PREMIUM SPARKLING ROSÉ, FROM TASMANIA, AUSTRALIA
- A very traditional grape for sparkling wine, but not many people have had a sparkling wine from Tasmania
- You’ll taste the delicious flavors of strawberries and cream, rose petals, Turkish delight and fresh brioche
DOMAINE DELAPORTE SANCERRE LES MONTS DAMNES, FROM FRANCE, LOIRE VALLEY, SANCERRE
- Everyone knows sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or California, but the Sancerre is a very old world and more traditional Sauvignon Blanc, but still far less known
- Intense and complex nose with first balsamic notes: pine resin, beeswax, eucalyptus
- Then floral aromas, acacia flowers, linden, with kiwi, citrus fruits and macaroon notes
- The attack is clean, the palate is firm, crispy and brings a nice acidity
MORIC BURGENLAND BLAUFRÄNKISCH 2017, FROM BURGENLAND, AUSTRIA
- A hidden gem of a grape
- The Blaufränkisch is in so many different blends, but most people have probably never had it by itself
- Most people have had a white wine from Austria, but most have not had a red one, which makes it even more unique
- It is a very tasty, lighter drinking red whose firm tannins make it worthy of aging
- Pairs great with BBQ
HOUSTON LIFE SPECIAL OFFER
- The above wines will be available in The Butcher Shop and restaurant and to-go by phone for curbside pickup if you mean HL Wine Club, or online
- Discount is valid through Wednesday, November 4
JOIN HOUSTON LIFE’S WINE CLUB
Do YOU want to be on live TV?!
We’re looking for enthusiastic Houstonians, wine lovers and Houston Life friends to join Courtney and Derrick during our live virtual wine tastings.
If you’re available from 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. on Wednesdays, we want to hear from you!
Send an email to email@example.com with a small bio of yourself and your friend or loved one you would like to join you, and tell us why you would love to be a part of the fun!