Meals without meltdowns: 3 toddler-approved recipes
Recipes provided by Leigh Ann Chatagnier
HOUSTON – Whether you have picky eaters at home, or you're simply looking for new options to add to your family menu, cookbook author, Leigh Ann Chatagnier shares three easy recipes to help you master meal time.
Mini Green Monster English Muffin Pesto Pizzas
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil + 1 tsp.
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp. pine nuts (can omit for nut allergies)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 English muffins
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh bocconcini balls (mini mozzarella balls), strained from liquid on a paper towel to remove excess moisture
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
Cottage Cheese Parfaits
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries, Hulled
- 1/8 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Honey, Maple Syrup (if desired)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Diced Pineapple
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds (for topping)
- Make strawberry chia jam by combining strawberries, water, chia seeds, and sweetener of choice in a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat until strawberries break down and jam thickens, stirring regularly for about 5-10 minutes. Turn off heat, place into a mason jar, and chill throughly. Will store for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Layer jam, cottage cheese, and pineapple in a bowl and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Serve immediately or store in mason jars for easy make ahead breakfast.
Veggie Loaded Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 small onion
- 2 peeled carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 Lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added ketchup
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock (can sub water)
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar if desired
- Slider buns (or buns of your choice)
To connect with Leigh Ann and for more information on these recipes, click here.
For more information on the cookbook mentioned in the segment above, click here.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.