Meet alliantgroup's Elementary Science Teacher Award nominees
Six elementary teachers are recognized for their excellence in STEM education
HOUSTON – alliantgroup is a professional services firm that specializes in helping mid-market companies remain competitive and keeping technical talent within the U.S.
But it is their charitable services, with the Houston Independent School District, that has caught our attention.
We recently visited six elementary schools to meet the teachers who were nominated for the alliantgroup's Elementary Science Teacher Award.
"They [child students] are capable of a whole lot more than what people think," said Mr. Jones. "If it's fun and engaging, I think that is where a lot of the learning occurs."
Watch the full videos, to learn why these individuals were selected for such an important honor.
The six 2018 Elementary Science Teacher Award finalists are:
- Deidre Rickets, Stevens Elementary School – Achieve 180 Region
- Crystal Williams, Hartsfield Elementary School – Southern Region
- Sara Rodriguez, Shearn Elementary School – Northern Region
- Denise Conway, Helms Elementary School – Northwestern Region
- Anthony Jones, T.H. Rogers Elementary School – Western Region
- Minerva Perez, Burnet Elementary School – Eastern Region
Sponsored by: alliantgroup
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.