HOUSTON - The Top 12 weekend getaway spots around the Houston area, from Good Taste.
Listed in alphabetical order:
- Four Seasons Hotel Houston -- This luxury hotel located in the heart of downtown Houston puts great emphasis on encouraging their staff to educate guests as to where they can go in Houston to enjoy everything from a child friendly excursion or a recommended tour of H-Town's best craft breweries. The pièce de résistance of this property is their restaurant, Quattro. The brunch experience at Quattro is one you will talk about for the rest of your life. The brunch station range from fully cooked-to-order Sous-Vide Egg & Caviar, Omelets, Eggs Benedict, antipasti selections, multiple carving stations, a plethora of seafood and salads, tapas-style entrées and a dessert bar. Everyone should experience this brunch at least once in his or her lifetime.
- Hotel Derek -- This swanky spot located near the Houston Galleria offers a Chauffeured Car Service within 3-mile Radius, making it a breeze to experience some of the most prestigious shopping/entertainment venues and area attractions. Their restaurant, Revolve Kitchen + Bar, has an amazing coffee, cocktail & craft beer program.
- Hotel Galvez & Spa -- Built in 1911, this Historic landmark positioned on the seawall in Galveston, TX, this “Grand Hotel” offers views of the Gulf of Mexico, a gorgeous pool with swim up bar, on site spa and their massive brunch spread is loaded with fresh seafood options.
- Hotel Granduca Houston -- Located in the heart of Uptown Park near the Galleria, the property will make you feel as if you steeped into an old world Italian villa. The Northern Italian inspired dishes from their restaurant Ristorante Cavour cuisine combines intense flavors with seasonal offerings.
- The Houstonian – Located on an 18-acre wooded paradise, the hotel is known for comfort, elegance and superior service. The mastermind behind the exceptional cuisine is Executive Chef Neal Cox, who is known for his classical approach to Texas creole. If you happen to over indulge in their decadent dishes, no worries, all Houstonian Hotel guests receive complimentary access to The Houstonian Club.
- The Marriott Marquis -- LThe exquisite Marriott Marquis is located in the heart of Downtown, The property features a one of a kind Texas shaped lazy river and infinity pool, along with a special events pavilion all overlooking Discovery Green Park, a full service spa, fitness center, a two story sports bar, wine bar, cafe, and pool bar & grill. The hotel is also home to Award Winning Hugo Ortega’s Xochi restaurant. The hotel is also conveniently located next to the Theater District, Entertainment District and Metro Rail lines right on property.
- The Sam Houston Hotel -- Opened in 1924 and underwent renovation in 2013, this gem is located in the heart of downtown making it the perfect destination to explore the city. Be sure to dine at their restaurant “The Pearl Restaurant & Bar”, you don’t want to miss out on the deliciously unique creations from Executive Chef Chris Loftis.
- The San Luis Hotel, Spa and Conference Center -- This is a gorgeous property overlooking the Gulf of Mexico in Galveston, TX; each of the rooms offer a private balcony with outdoors seating. Their onsite restaurant, The Steakhouse, is known for their delicious steaks and fresh seafood.
- Omni Houston Hotel Galleria -- World-class shopping, relaxing spa & pool, biking/jogging trails and a well thought kids program to occupy the little ones so mom and dad can unwind and decompress. Their onsite restaurant, Noé Grill, offers globally inspired cuisine.
- Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE -- Located in the heart of Houston's CITYCENTRE, the property is relaxing and luxurious, but it is also exciting! The Monnalisa Bar overlooking the town square offers live music Wednesday-Saturday and is often packed with hotel guests and locals. The onsite restaurant, Radio Milano, is run by Executive Chef Jose Hernandez and folks, let me just say…he never disappoints! Many locals now make Radio Milano their Go-To spot for family dinners and special occasions.
- The Westin in The Woodlands -- Located on the gorgeous Woodlands Waterway, overlooking Waterway Square, this is an excellent spot to visit if you’re looking to indulge in a romantic getaway or enjoy the great outdoors. Amenities like kayaks, pocket-sized maps featuring 3-mile and 5-mile jogging/walking routes from the hotel make it nice to combine your workout routine with fresh air and local scenery. The hotel also has an exceptional bar program and Executive Chef Richard Mendoza’s dishes are uniquely delicious and made with locally sourced ingredients.
- The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center -- The Woodlands Resort is nestled north of Houston on 28,000 acres of natural forest; it is an ideal vacation destination for all!! Make sure to dine at Robard’s Steakhouse during your stay, they have an on site butchery, a dry aging room and a smokehouse…enough said! A shuttle can whisk you to/from world-class shopping, dining and entertainment on the Woodlands Waterway and Market Street. Outdoor recreation includes: 36 holes of championship golf (accommodating to both the skilled and amateur), massive pool boasting a 30-foot Tower with a double-helix racing water slide, waterfalls, underwater music and murals, Lazy river, Lagoon-style relaxation pool, Hot tub & Dive-in movies. This spot is a win-win.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.