HOUSTON - The Top 12 favorite Houston restaurants of 2017, from Good Taste.
Listed in alphabetical order:
- Brasserie du Parc -- If you haven't experienced a meal here, make sure to add this one to your list! You can taste Chef Philippe Veripand's passion for cooking in each decadent dish.
- Broken Barrel -- Chef Hilda Ysusi is making waves in The Woodlands with her creative cuisine! The dishes represent her diverse training. I recommend the Crispy Olives and Pulled Duck Tostadas.
- Fielding's Rooster -- Winner-Winner-Chicken Dinner! This concept is all about the poultry, from Southern Fried to Indian or Mediterranean style, Chef Edel has you covered.
- FM Kitchen & Bar -- Chef Ryan Hildebrand knows his GUMBO! This family-friendly (and pet-friendly) spot is the perfect place to make memories and enjoy the best of Houston's finest culinary talent.
- Maba Pan Asian -- Another gem in the crown of Houston's cultural landscape, Chef Nguyen knows how to deliver a dining experience that can't be matched for the price!
- Maclane's Cafe -- The Masraff family of restaurants is growing! The all-new Maclane's Cafe is now open for lunch and dinner! It's a casual concept where you can enjoy quality comfort food with the whole family.
- Pinkerton's Barbecue -- Grant Pinkerton is a new player in the Houston BBQ circuit and he is making his mark as a strong contender! Must try favorites are Glazed Ribs and Duck & Sausage Jambalaya
- Potente -- Choosing from the menu here can be a difficult task, because it's all so good! One of my favorite things to nosh on at Potente is the Cacio e Pepe Pasta with fresh shaved black truffles from DR Delicacy.
- Riel -- Chef Ryan Lachaine knows exactly how to respect and build flavors creating innovative and tasty dishes.
- Star Fish -- The Wood Grilled Oysters with Maître d’ Butter and Parmigiano Reggiano is a deliciously indulgent treat bringing together simple grilled oysters and a luxurious butter sauce that will quickly become your new favorite pairing!
- Xochi -- Chef Hugo Ortega transports you to the vibrant state of Oaxaca, Mexico through flavor! Indulge your senses with a mole tasting or with a rich Oaxacan hot chocolate. The Beef Tlayudas is one of my favorites; it's made with tender hunks of juicy steak, Oaxacan black beans and chichilo quesillo (a delicious in house made white cheese) topped with fresh radish and herbs.
- Yauatcha -- Attention dumpling lovers, this contemporary Chinese restaurant located in front of the Galleria is one not to miss! Their tender and delicate dumplings are made with precision and pack a flavor punch!
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.