5 ways to get more bang for your buck on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are around the corner, and that means you may be shopping soon, whether in a store or online.
Both shopping holidays are about getting the best deals, but how do you make the most of them without being duped by so-called deals?
KPRC 2 turned to extreme couponing expert Kristin Holt Duncan for what you need to know to make the most of the shopping fun without overspending:
1. Always make a budget for overall spending. Impulse buys can easily take your spending or your debt far outside of what you actually meant to spend when you get caught up in the flurry of deals.
2. Make a list of who you're buying for, including ideas, prior to Black Friday. The last thing you want to do is struggle with finding a gift for Aunt Sally at the last minute.
3. Don't be afraid to combine deals. If you know that you're going to be spending money at Target or Wal-Mart, buy a gift card at a grocery store that offers gas rewards or promotions. This can help you rein in your spending, as well as get a little bonus.
4. Utilize ship-to-store. You can save shipping fees from several retailers just by picking up your order. Just make sure you don't get lost in the store on the way.
5. Don't try to buy everything on Black Friday. There will still be good deals between now and Christmas. Unnecessary pressure equals unnecessary spending.
Watch KPRC 2's Facebook Live with Duncan:
BLACK FRIDAY HACKS! Extreme couponing guru Kristin Holt Duncan is showing us how to drive down the cost of #Blackfriday.Posted by KPRC2 / Click2Houston on Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.