Filet Mignon with Compound Bacon Butter
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
2 Prime Tenderloins, 1 – 1 ½ inches thick
2 tablespoons Adam's Reserve House Rub
1 tablespoon Ottavio Private Reserve Olive Oil
1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 tablespoons Better Than Good Bacon Jam
¼ cup HEB Blue Cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary, or herb of choice
1. Season steaks with oil and rub; set aside. If time permits, allow steaks to assume room temperature.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet or grill over medium heat. Cook steaks until desired doneness:
- Rare: 120° - 125°
- Medium-rare: 130° - 135°
- Medium: 140° - 145°
- Medium-well: 150° - 155°
- Well done: 160° and above
3. While steaks are cooking, combine butter, bacon jam, rosemary, and blue cheese in a bowl. Transfer mixture to paper or foil. Form into a log and place in freezer.
4. Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest about 10 min. Slice butter into pads and top steaks with compound butter.
Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.